Mark is a versatile photographer / graphic designer with a passion for beauty in all of its forms.
He acquired his skills and knowledge at the St-Lucas School of Arts in Ghent. After fine-tuning his skills in different graphic design studios, he taught the tricks of the trade to an eager new generation of students. A few years later he traded in his job as a lecturer to focus on projects that embodied his visions.
Driven by an immense curiosity of cultures and natures, travelling became a growing passion. His camera has been his most loyal companion on all of his trips, even if they took him high into the sky, deep into the snow or way below the water surface! Since 2010 he is also a volunteer travel guide for Joker travels. It will therefore not surprise that one of his photographic specialties is tourism, along with portraits and architecture. Besides snapping pictures, he also has a touch for designing logo’s. And he goes crazy for a steamy, spicy bowl of Thai curry!
– National Geographic Traveler Magazine 2012 Photo Contest: Editor’s choice (category: sense of place)
– Photo exhibition ‘Karibu Tanzania’ at ViaVia Travellers Cafe & Restaurant Mechelen. March – April 2014
– Photo exhibition ‘Mountains’ at Meubelen Tastenhoye Overijse. December 2014 – September 2015
– Photo exhibition ‘Overijse’ at Bezoekerscentrum Drui!f Overijse. August 2017 – October 2017
– Jurymember Joker Travels Photo Competition – January 2018
all photographs on this website: copyright mark timmermans